If you or a loved one are getting to the age where you are considering aging in place you will want to get prepared BEFORE you hit the age where you’re not as mobile as you once were. According to the National Institute On Aging there are some things you should do now to be prepared before you’re ready. If you’re able to get the help you will need secured before you start on your aging in place journey you will find yourself much more successful in the years to come.
Here are some of the things that the NIA suggests preparing to get help with when you’re going to be aging in place.
- Housework: Keeping your house clean and cared for will be essential to having success as the years go on.
- Meals: You may not be able to cook as often or as much as you once did and getting help with this vital work is going to be key to a great life at home.
- Personal care: This may be required as you get on in years and you aren’t as mobile as before. You may want to secure help in the area of personal hygiene to make aging in place more manageable.
- Money management: There will be nothing more important then making sure you have the financial means to stay in your home for the length of your life. Having someone who can help you watch your money and that you trust is so critically important.
- Health care: There are many home health care agencies in CT that can help you maintain a happy life while getting the medical attention you need. Finding the right one now can be the difference between securing the services you need as the years pass and scrambling to find the right service.
When you’re deciding on what living arrangement will be right for you as you get older, you’ll want to really consider the options carefully. If you decide on aging in place, you’ll want to begin your planning on some of the areas now so when it comes time to needing these services you have a trusted person to help you maintain the lifestyle you want to live.