Masters In Home Care has immediate openings for per-diem Speech Language Pathologists (SLP) in the Farmington and Avon areas.
If you are passionate about providing care to patients one-on-one, and working for a dynamic and growing home care agency, call us today! We offer competitive wages and benefits in a professional and supportive environment. This position will provide coverage primarily in facilities as assigned. Our office is located in Rocky Hill.
The Speech Therapist ensures quality and safe delivery of speech therapy and home health services rendered. Coordinates provision of home health care services that reflect the agency philosophy and standards of home health and speech therapy of assigned adult and geriatric patients.
- Current and active Connecticut licensed speech therapist in good-standing
- Graduation from an Speech Language Pathology educational program
- Meet either of the following additional requirements:
- The education and experience requirements for a Certificate of Clinical Competence in speech-language pathology granted by the American Speech Language-Hearing Association OR The educational requirements for certification and is in the process of accumulating the supervised experience required for certification
- Valid driver’s license in good standing
- Minimum of 1 year of clinical experience as a Speech Language Pathologist
- Must have own transportation and be reliable
- Flexible availability
- Good organization and communication skills
- Ability to follow and carry out instructions
- Experience with electronic documentation/point of care systems a plus
- Previous home care experience a plus
Duties and Responsibilities:
Evaluates, plans and administers comprehensive speech therapy modalities/regimens as prescribed by a physician to patients with speech, voice, language, cognitive-communicative and oral-pharyngeal swallowing disorders in their place of residence for the purpose of improving and/or restoring speech and/or swallowing functions.
Masters In Home Care works on a clinical point of care system which provides real time access to patient data remotely in the field from a tablet computer.
Our therapists demonstrate timely and accurate computer documentation of patient/job information to facilitate the development of the OASIS data set, orders for service, creation of time sheets and other required patient/employment documents and reports.
We’re looking for independent and ambitious therapy professionals who are looking to practice therapeutic services in a flexible environment.
Client Population: Young Adult to Geriatric
Type of Disorders: Our caring therapists evaluate voice, speech patterns, language and swallowing, and assist with the latest techniques for more effective communication, including voice, fluency disorders, head injury and stroke.
Position Type: Part-time / per-diem
Salary: Based on experience.
If you have a passion for helping people, a place awaits you on the Masters Team!
Speech Language Pathologist (experience): 1 year
Required license or certification:
Drivers License, SLP License